We would like to welcome you to one of the oldest places in Prague from historical point of view, which is listed on the world cultural heritage list of UNESCO sights.
The house of the “Black Fox”, formerly known as the house of the "Black Wolf", was built in the 2nd half of the 14th century at the edge of the city town hall block, towards the former market place. The street facades face the St. Nicholas church.
The gothic cellar and brickwork on the southern and western side of the house have been preserved in the former state. During a renaissance period when the house endured a reconstruction and the 3rd floor was added. Baroque architects on the turn of the 17th and 18th century have changed the dispositions of the ground floor. The proof of this change is the new arcade, which is apparent in the basement, in the space which nowadays serves as a restaurant. The current design of the facade has been influenced by a classicism reconstruction at the beginning of the 19th century. In 1862, the new stairway leading to guest rooms was built. At the end of the 2nd world war, in May 1945, during the Prague revolution, the house was seriously damaged by fire, when the Old town hall was battered. To regain its current appearance, the house was reconstructed during 1995-2002.